- Mix together the soy sauce, sake, mirin, ginger juice and sugar in a small bowl to make up the teriyaki sauce. I
- Remove the fat from the beef steaks. Mix 4 tbsp of the sauce with the beef steaks and place into a sealed bag. Put in the fridge for about 30 mins.
- Boil the rest of the teriyaki sauce in a pan for 15 secs. Adding the corn starch and some water will thicken the sauce, so do so if you prefer. Mix it all together and remove from the heat when well-blended.
- Make sure the meat is at room temperature and dry it with kitchen towels. Heat up the pan on medium heat with oil and cook the steaks once the pan is hot.
- Cook the steak to your preference. Pour the desired amount of teriyaki sauce onto the steak.
- Ensure that you remove the steaks from the pan before the sauce burns. Rest the steaks before serving.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds and green onions on the steak before serving.