- Place all sauce ingredients into a blender/food processor.
- Process until ingredients are finely chopped and well combined.
- Set aside.
Sour Mango Salad
- In a small saucepan on a medium heat, place fish sauce, rice vinegar, sugar and water. Heat the mixture just before boiling point before removing from heat. Stir lime juice through and allow to cool.
- Julienne the mangoes into a bowl, then mix mint, Thai basil, Vietnamese mint and chilli through.
- Pour half of the salad dressing over the mango mixture, stir well to combine. Pour the remaining dressing into a serving dish.
- Top the salad with toasted peanuts and additional chilli for extra heat.
- In a bowl, mix together: galangal, shallots, bird’s eye chilli, lemongrass, light soy sauce and lime juice. Stir to combine well.
- Place banana leaf onto the barbecue to soften (about 15-20 secs). Remove from heat.
- Score the fish 3-4 times on each side, then lay onto the banana leaf’s shiny side. Generously stuff fish with galangal mixture. Wrap the fish completely and seal with the banana leaf to form a package and secure with toothpicks.
- Heat barbecue to medium, place banana leaf parcels onto the grill and shut the lid. Cook for 10 mins, then remove from heat.
- Open parcels and top with spring onion, chopped peanuts and chilli.
- Serve whole fish with mango salad, extra dressing and coriander sauce.