- In a small frying pan under low heat, toast desiccated coconut until it turns golden. Set aside to cool.
- Blend all the sambal ingredients together until you get a fine paste. Sauté under medium heat until you get a firm paste. Set aside to cool.
- Blend together shallot, half of the lemongrass, garlic and red chilli together.
- Heat up frying pan with coconut oil and sauté together with the other half of lemongrass and kaffir lime leaves until you get a firm paste. Set aside to cool.
- In a pot of boiling water, blanch string beans for 1.5 mins, remove and let them cool.
- Switch off heat and blanch spinach and bean sprouts for 30 seconds each with residual heat. Remove and drain all liquid.
- Place all the vegetables in a mixing bowl. Place half of the sambal, lemongrass and chilli paste with toasted desiccated coconut, lime juice and salt over the vegetables and give it a good mix until all vegetables are well coated with the chilli paste and desiccated coconut.