- Clean and pat dry the fish with paper towels. Use a sharp knife and make a few deep scores on the both sides of the fish.
- Spread the lime juice all over the fish to get rid of the fishy smell.
- Using a mortar & pestle or grinder, pound all the marinade spices together and mix in the oil.
- Spread the marinade all over the fish (both sides) making sure to go in between the scored marks.
- Cover and let them hang out in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Heat up your griddle or grill pan. Add some oil to make sure to prevent the fish from sticking.
- Gently put in the fish and grill until cooked. Different fish vary in different sizes so cooking time might differ.
- When the fish is about done, brush the sweet sauce all over the fish and continue to cook for another few minutes.