To Make the Pickled Carrots
- Whisk the rice vinegar, palm/brown sugar, sesame oil, and salt together. Soak the carrots in the mixture for 1 hr.
To Make the Meatballs
- Mix all ingredients together. Roll into small meatballs with your hands.
- Heat a little bit of olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the meatballs and fry until golden brown on the outside and fully cooked (not pink) inside.
- Layer the carrots and meatballs over quinoa, rice, or noodles.
- Top with herbs, peanuts, sesame seeds, and/or spicy mayo. Sliced avocado is a nice addition.