To Make the Dough
- Beat butter with an electric mixer until pale, then add in sugar and vanilla extract, and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add in the plain flour and custard powder gradually, and fold through with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula.
- Knead the dough with your hands when dough becomes too stiff, while incorporating the remaining flour to achieve a soft dough.
- Cover dough with cling wrap and place in the fridge for 30 mins.
To Make the Ant’s Nest Cookies
- Pre-heat your oven to 150°C. Prepare a baking tray by lining with baking paper.
- Use a box grater to grate the dough in a downward motion to look like rice.
- Spoon the grated dough into the cupcake liners and place them onto the prepared baking tray.
- Sprinkle over some chocolate and rainbow sprinkles.
- Bake for 15 mins.
- Remove baking tray from oven, and allows cookies to cool for 5 mins. Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely, then serve or store in airtight containers.