Shabu Beef Udon Noodle Soup
Tender sliced beef seasoned and stir fried with Udon. Experience comfort food at its best with this super bowl of Japanese Soup that is perfect for a week night dinner.
Total time: 15mins - 30mins
200g beef thin slices
3 cups beef broth or miso soup
200g Obento Udon Noodles
100g oyster mushrooms
spring onions (to serve)
4 tbsp Obento Mirin Seasoning
4 tbsp Lee Kum Kee Premium Soy Sauce
- Combine the mirin seasoning and soy sauce into a small bowl with the beef slices and mix well. Allow to marinate (up to 1 hr).
- Heat a griddle pan or BBQ over a medium heat for 2 mins and sear beef for 1 min on each side. Remove and set aside.
- Heat the beef broth or miso soup in a saucepan; then add the udon noodles. Loosen noodles with a fork and let noodles heat through. Stir in the oyster mushrooms and heat 2 mins.
- Serve broth, udon noodles and mushrooms in a small bowl.
- Top with the beef slices and serve, garnish with spring onions.