Pad Thai BBQ Butterfly Chicken
A mouth-watering twist to the traditional Pad Thai. This grilled BBQ Butterfly Chicken recipe smothered with marinade makes for a hearty meal!
Cooking Time: 30mins - 60mins
Total time: 60mins - 120mins
1x size 18-20 chicken
banana leaves (to serve)
fresh basil (for garnish)
lime wedges (for garnish)
1 jar Valcom Pad Thai Paste
2 tbsp oil
1 lime (zested and juiced)
3 tbsp Squid Brand Fish Sauce
1 long red chilli (deseeded and finely sliced)
5 kaffir lime leaves (shredded)
¼ cup coconut sugar
- BBQ or Pre-heated Oven 190c
- Place chicken on a board breast side down and cut down both sides of the backbone using poultry shears or kitchen scissors. Discard backbone.
- Turn chicken over and press firmly on the breastbone to flatten. Place chicken in a non-metallic dish.
- Combine the Valcom Pad Thai Paste, oil, lime, Squid Brand Fish Sauce, chilli, kaffir lime leaves and coconut sugar in a large bowl and mix well.
- Pour marinade over the chicken and coat well. Allow to marinate several hours or overnight.
- Place the chicken in the pre-heated BBQ or Oven 190c for 50 mins or until juices run clear.
- Serve on a board covered with banana leaf garnish with fresh basil leaves and lime wedges.
- Your pad Thai BBQ butterfly chicken dish is ready!
Notes: This marinade is also delicious with Pork or Lamb shoulder.