Rendang is a Malay dish consists of beef or chicken stewed in coconut milk and spices. It is a gravy version of Rendang compared to Indonesian version which traditionally takes 1.5 – 3 hours to get the meat tender.
1 brown onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tbsp ginger, thinly sliced
2 small birds eye chillies
1 cup TCC Premium Coconut Cream
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground turmeric
1 stem lemongrass, finely chopped
180g Yeo’s Rendang Paste
500g Beef oyster blade steak, cubed
1 tsp tamarind puree
½ cup water
1. In a blender process onion, garlic, ginger, chillies, coconut cream, salt, turmeric and lemongrass.
2. Combine marinade and Yeo’s Rendang Paste with the beef, mix well.
3. Bring to the boil in a heavy saucepan. Reduce heat, simmer and add tamarind puree.
4. Cook stirring often, add water as required.
5. The Rendang is ready to serve when the meat becomes tender, quite dry and red oil comes out of the gravy. Serve with steamed rice and sambals.
Find your nearest Asian Store