Did you know: most popular Chinese cuisines in the world are Cantonese? Read on for more!
As the weather becomes cooler, there’s never been a better time to master the art of Sichuan hot pot at home. The perfect Chinese food for entertaining, Sichuan hot pot allows your friends and family to cook their own feast! Simply set an electric wok or gas burner in the centre of your dining table, then have your guests dip, swirl and cook the ingredients to their liking.
Before you get started on cooking up your own Sichuan Hot Pot, here are some simple tips for making Sichuan hot pot at home.
Choose Your Broth
Prepare Your Ingredients
- Green vegies, such as wombok and bok choy
- Mushrooms, including a mixture of enoki, shimeji and shiitake
- Tofu, as cubes of firm tofu, fried tofu puffs or sheets of uba (tofu skin)
- Seafood, such as squid balls, prawns, and slices of marinated fish
- Tissue-thin slices of beef, marinated chicken, or skewers of spiced lamb
- Rice cakes and vermicelli noodles for soaking up the flavours of the broth