- Place pork belly slices into a bowl and mix well with all pork marinade ingredients. Set aside.
- Heat up oil in a wok or large pan. Sauté shallots until aromatic. Dish out and set aside. Toss dried shrimps into the remaining oil and fry until fragrant. Add marinated pork belly slices and stir fry for about 2 mins. Then, place in mushrooms and yam and stir fry for another 2 mins.
- Add in rice and rice seasonings. Turn the heat to medium-low and gently stir fry to mix well.
- Carefully pour in rice mixture into a rice cooker and pour in water. Cook the rice in the rice cooker and allow to rest for at least 5 mins once ready. Gently mix the rice to loosen the grains.
- Serve yam rice with sprinkles of spring onions and fried shallots.