- Thread all chicken onto skewers, and all eggplant on to separate skewers and plate in spate flat dishes or containers with lids.
- Pour approx. half the marinade all over the eggplant and roll around until all sides are in contact with the marinade – marinade for 20-60 mins.
- Repeat the marinade and roll for the chicken. Chicken can marinade in advance for up to 1-24 hrs, turning 2-3 times.
- Preheat griddle pan or barbecue to medium high.
- Create cucumber salad dressing by thoroughly combining sesame oil, vinegar and mirin, and adjust heat level with wasabi to your liking.
- Place yakitori skewers on the hot surface and grill until there are heavy caramelisation on all sides, and cooked through – maybe up to 10 mins, turning 3 times, or all sides.
- While yakitori is cooking, dress your cucumber and place in a bowl or a board, sprinkling with sesame seeds, leaving space for cooked skewers.
- Once skewered meat and vegetables are cooked through, place on board and serve.