To Make the Wontons
- In a mixing bowl, combine the pork filling ingredients and cover with cling wrap before letting marinate in a fridge for at least 20 minutes.
- While the pork marinates, dice the prawn meat in to small sections and then add the rest of the seasoning. Mix well and cover the prawns with cling wrap before letting them chill in a fridge with the pork for 10 minutes.
- After the meats have marinated, combine them together. Place a wonton wrapper on to a work surface and then spoon a teaspoon of the filling in to the centre.
- Using a bit of water, wet the edges of the wrapper before folding the wrapper over the filling to enclose it.
- Repeat with the rest of the filling.
To Make the Soup
- In a large saucepan, bring the chicken stock to a boil.
- Add the choy sum in to the boiling stock and cook until softened before adding the sesame oil and salt and white pepper to taste.
- Set the soup aside while cooking the wontons.
To Cook the Wontons
- In a large pot, bring water to a boil. Place each wonton in to the pot individually and stir them to make sure that they don’t stick to the pot.
- When the wontons begin to float, remove them from the pot and transfer them in to bowls to serve.
- Ladle some of the prepared soup in to the bowls and place on some of the choy sum on top.
- Sprinkle on some of the cut spring onions and serve.