- Make the marinade by combining the Obento Mirin Seasoning, Lee Kum Kee Premium Soy Sauce and Obento Cooking Sake with brown sugar and grated ginger. Stir well until sugar is dissolved. Put one quarter aside to use as a dressing sauce and divide the remaining marinade into two bowls.
- Pack the fish with sliced ginger and spring onions and cut the fish with 3 to 4 deep slits on each side.
- Gently combine the fish with ½ of the marinade and refrigerate for 1-3 hrs.
- Add prawns to skewers and combine with remaining marinade. Refrigerate for 1-3 hrs.
- Using a small pot, prepare the pickling liquid by combining Obento Rice Wine Vinegar, white vinegar, water, sugar and salt, and heat until sugar is dissolved. Allow mixture to cool, then pour over daikon and carrot in a glass bowl. Allow to stand and infuse for at least 30 mins.
- Prepare the edamame and watercress salad by tossing the ingredients gently with salad dressing. Set aside until ready to serve. Sprinkle with furikake and shichimi togarashi immediately before serving.
- When ready to BBQ, preheat a flat grill to medium temperature, and cook the fish, occasionally basting with the marinade, turning only once. (Approximately 4 mins per side).
- Add the prawns to the grill and cook, occasionally basting with the marinade.
- Serve the BBQ Bonito and Prawns with the pickled daikon and carrot salad, and edamame bean and watercress salad.
- Drizzle reserved dressing over the fish and prawns, dress with finely sliced spring onion and sprinkle with shichimi togarashi to serve.