- Soak rock sugar and white sugar with half of the water.
- Use remaining water to mix water chestnut flour. Strain mixture.
- Lightly grease a stainless steel pan with cooking oil.
- Bring sugar mixture to boil before adding the cane sugar. Keep stirring until all sugar has melted.
- Add in chopped water chestnuts and mix well.
- Add in water chestnut flour mixture all together, stirring quickly to mix thoroughly.
- Keep stirring quickly on low heat, be careful not to let the mixture burn. When the mixture forms a batter, remove from heat.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and steam under high heat for 45 mins.
- Lightly pan fried at low heat until the sides are golden brown. Alternatively, slice and serve as a cold dessert. The cake is best eaten after refrigeration overnight or for a few hours.