- In a bowl, add in cooking sake, mirin and soy sauce and mix well. Pour in half of the marinade to marinate the thinly sliced pork loin for enoki maki for at least 30 mins in fridge.
- In the remaining marinade, add in wasabi paste and mix well. Add to pork belly to marinate for at least 30 mins in the fridge.
To Cook Wasabi Pork Skewers
- Thread the pork belly into bamboo skewers.
- Cook skewers on medium heat on a preheated BBQ stove or a griddle plate, basting the meat with marinade to keep it moist, and turning from time to time to avoid the meat being burnt.
- Prepare the dipping sauce by adding mayonnaise and wasabi paste together.
- Once the meat are cooked, garnish with sesame seeds and chilli powder, serve immediately with the dipping sauce.
To Make Enoki Maki
- Chop the roots off of the enoki mushrooms and portion them into smaller sections. Place the mushrooms into a bowl of lukewarm water to soften.
- On a flat surface, lay down one pork slice. Then place two portions of the enoki mushroom so that each end is facing the opposite way, and peeking outside of the pork slice.
- Start to roll the pork slices around the enoki on a slight diagonal. Repeat for the remaining pork slices.
- In a hot pan with some oil, sear the folded side of the roll first, and rotate every couple mins until browned.
- Serve with Wasabi Pork Skewers.