- On a clean and dry baking tray, dust some soybean flour to cover the surface. Set aside.
- Combine warabiko, sugar and water into a medium saucepan, mix well.
- Bring the mixture to boil over medium heat.
- Lower the heat, stir fast and hard with a wooden spatula, making sure to stir through the bottom of the saucepan. Stir for about 10 mins or until the mixture is translucent and bubbles popping (boiling).
- Remove from heat and transfer the mochi onto the floured baking tray. Dust more soybean flour over the mochi to cover the surface. Let cool.
- Add more soybean flour to the baking tray.
- Cut the mochi into cubes and toss in the soybean flour to make sure all surfaces are covered.
- Transfer to a serving plate and serve with kuromitsu.