To Make Teriyaki Tofu
- Wrap tofu with paper towels then place a heavy object on top for 20-30 mins to extract the liquid out of the tofu. Slice tofu into bite-size cubes and discard paper towels.
- Place potato starch in a bowl or tray and coat the tofu with the starch. Shake off excess starch.
- In a non-stick frying pan, heat 1-2 tbsp oil on medium to medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, cook the tofu until the bottom side is crispy and golden brown. Flip and cook the other side.
- When both sides are nicely brown, pour in the teriyaki sauce. Flip tofu and shake the pan to evenly coat the sauce over the tofu. Chop green onion and garnish on top.
To Make Spicy Lotus Root Recipe
- Peel lotus root with a vegetable peeler, discarding the ends. Chop into 3mm slices. Bring a pot of water to a boil. Blanch the lotus root slices for about 2 mins, then drain.
- Heat up oil in a pan. Add garlic & Sichuan chilli bean sauce and fry until fragrant.
- Add the lotus roots and fresh chilli into the pan, and stir fry until lotus roots are evenly coated, then toss in spring onions.
To Make Edamame Hummus
- In a food processor, blend tahini, fresh lemon juice, olive oil, and garlic. Then add edamame, cumin, paprika, and salt to the processor. Blend while slowly adding the warm water. Blend ingredients together until it comes together.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper, and additional lemon juice as desired.
To Make Five Spice Air Fryer Taro Chips
- Slice taro into 1-2 mm thin pieces
- Season taro slices with salt and five-spice powder, then coat them with oil. Let it rest for about 10 mins.
- Spray air fryer with cooking oil. Place chips in a single layer. Cook for 8-10 mins at 180°C, flipping halfway. Chips are ready once edges curl up. Sprinkle more salt to taste.
To Made Cauliflower Karaage
- Place the cauliflower florets in a shallow dish. Combine the soy sauce, sake, ginger and garlic in a small bowl, then drizzle over the cauliflower, turn to coat. Set the cauliflower aside for at least 30 mins. Place flour in a small bowl to prepare for frying.
- Heat enough oil (2cm depth) in a large saucepan. While the oil is heating, dip the cauliflower florets into the flour, turning to coat. Shake off any excess.
- Once the oil is hot enough, start to cook the cauliflower in batches until golden and crisp. Drain the cauliflower on paper towels.