- Combine all ingredients and stir through until sugar dissolves. Leave for at least 15 mins before serving.
- Cut tofu into slices about ½ cm thin and about 4cm wide and place on a plate.
- Mix together the hoisin sauce, soy sauce, Shaoxing wine, sugar, cracked pepper, five-spice powder and oil. Pour over the tofu slices to marinade.
- Cook in a frying pan until sauce thickens. Remove from heat.
- Steam or microwave bao according to packet instructions.
- Fill bao with cucumber slices, sticky tofu, pickled vegetables, coriander and spring onion. Serve and enjoy.