- Beat egg and sugar in a mixer over low speed for 2 mins. Then, increase to medium-high speed and continue to beat for about 30 mins until mixture becomes thick, creamy and double in volume. Switch to low speed to minimise air bubbles and beat for another 1-2 minutes.
- Sift in the flour, mix slowly with a spatula and combine well.
- Pour the cake mixture into a lined 20cm baking tin or bamboo steam tray and set aside to rest
- for 10 mins.
- Steam over high heat for about 40 mins and set aside to cool for about 5 mins before removing the cake from the baking tin or bamboo steam tray.
- Set aside to cool slightly before serving.