- Make the dashi stock by combining 1.5L of water with 8 tbsp of dashi granules into a large saucepan.
- Add the mirin to the dashi stock and bring to a gentle simmer, then add the tamari sauce.
- Reduce the heat to the lowest setting and continue to simmer until the broth is ready to be served.
- Cook the soba noodles by bringing a saucepan of water to boil and then adding the soba noodles.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and allow the noodles to cook for approximately 4-5 mins.
- While the soba noodles are cooking, add the asparagus and mushrooms to the dashi broth and cook in the simmering liquid.
- Drain the noodles and rinse under cold water and set aside until ready to serve.
- Scoop the asparagus and mushrooms from the broth and set aside.
- Pour the broth into bowls.
- Add the noodles.
- Add the tofu, asparagus and mushrooms.
- Garnish with sliced chives and toasted nori flakes.