- Cut the tofu in to small squares that are about half an inch in height. In a bowl, pour in the potato starch and lightly coat the tofu. Shake off the excess starch and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the sauce ingredients and mix well.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium high heat before adding in the tofu. Cook the tofu on one side until the skin becomes golden brown before swapping to repeat on the other side.
- When both sides have cooked, pour in the sauce mixture. Allow the sauce to thicken and coat the tofu.
- Remove the tofu from the pan. If you wanted the sauce to thicken, continue to cook it over a low heat until it has your intended consistency.
- Over a bowl of rice, arrange the tofu. Spoon the remaining sauce over the top and garnish with edamame, bonito flakes, tsukemono and furikake. Serve!