- Place water, sugar and knotted pandan leaves in a medium frying pan. Under medium heat, dissolve sugar and wait until syrup starts to bubbling. Remove pandan leaves.
- Beat egg yolks together with 3 tsp of egg whites and strain through a sieve into a piping bag fitted with tip with a small opening.
- Pipe egg yolk into bubbling sugar syrup around the frying pan for a few rounds.
- Let it cook for 30 secs and using a pair of chopsticks, gather the egg threads together and lift out of syrup and set aside in a bowl.
- Let excess syrup to drain off. Continue with the same process until all egg yolk mixture has been cooked.
To Make Crepe
- In a small bowl, mix red lime stone paste with 150ml water. Set it aside for 10 mins.
- Scoop out 130ml of the clear water above and discard the sediments.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix rice flour, mung bean flour, egg, palm sugar and cocoa powder together with lime stone water. Whisk until batter is well incorporated. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl beat egg whites and sugar together on high until the whites form a stiff peak and is glossy.
- Heat up frying pan. Scoop a tablespoon of the batter and spread onto frying pan and using the flat bottom of the spoon in a circular motion to make crepe of about 10cm in diameter. Repeat to make 2 or 3 more crepes depending on pan size.
- Spread a spoonful of the meringue onto crepe and a small amount of egg threads above.
- Fold into half and lift up to cool on cooling rack.
- Continue the process until all batter is used up.