- Cut tofu into long thin pieces and marinate in teriyaki sauce for 20 mins. (I left some tofu unmarinated for those in the family that did not like teriyaki)
- Cook the sushi rice by following the packet instructions. Once cooked, fold through Obento seasoning and cool in fridge.
- Lightly fry the tofu and place in the fridge to cool.
- Prepare vegetables while the rice is cooling by slicing long thin pieces of avocado and cucumber.
- Cover your sushi roller in plastic to keep it clean and begin by placing your sushi sheet (shiny side up) in the middle of the mat.
- Push rice flat onto the sushi sheet taking up the bottom three indents on the sheet. Put a generous line of mayonnaise horizontally along the rice followed with a slice of tofu and vegetables. Be careful not to overfill.
- From the bottom up, roll the sushi mat over the sushi to form a roll, making sure to tuck in the seaweed tightly as it folds over.
- Repeat this for all sushi folds. Once the rolls have set for a minute, use a wet knife to cut into slices and serve with ginger and soy sauce. Enjoy!