To Make Sauce/Seasoning
- Mix 5 tbsp of soy sauce, 2½ tbsp of mirin, 2½ tbsp of sake and 3½ tbsp of sugar together.
- Thinly slice fresh salmon fillet.
- Sprinkle salt and black pepper on both sides, then sprinkle ½ tbsp of all-purpose flour on both sides of fish.
- Heat a frying pan and add butter.
- Put the salmon fillet in the frying pan and cook the first side for 2½ mins. Flip the salmon fillet to cook the other side and pour a little sake on the salmon.
- Steam the salmon fillet by covering the pan, cook for another 2½ mins.
- Remove the salmon from the pan and put it on a plate.
- Heat the pan and put seasoning/sauce in. Increase the heat so the sauce starts to boil.
- After the sauce starts to boil, add the salmon fillet back on the pan and spoon sauce over the salmon.
- Have the salmon cook for another 1½ minutes on each side. The sauce should thicken a bit then turn off the heat.
- Plate the salmon on a plate and serve.