- In a large bowl, mix water, eggs, and takoyaki flour well with a whisk.
- Heat a takoyaki pan with oil just until the oil begins to smoke. Use enough oil to coat the pan using a paper towel so that the batter won’t stick. Then pour batter to fill the holes of the pan.
- Drop octopus pieces in the batter in each hole, and sprinkle chopped green onions and rice crispy bits all over the pan.
- Cook at medium heat for 1-2 mins and turn over using a wooden skewer. Cook another 3-4 mins, turning constantly.
- Place the cooked takoyaki on a plate and pour takoyaki sauce and mayo over them. Finish the dish by sprinkling the takoyaki with bonito flakes and chopped spring onions.