- Steam until soft and mash the orange and purple sweet potatoes separately.
- Add half of the glutinous rice flour to the purple potatoes and the other half to the orange potatoes.
- Add 1-2 tbsp water to each potato mixture.
- Roll the dough into small balls and make a hole in each one. Add the palm sugar, seal the sugar in and roll into smooth balls.
- Heat up water in a pot and cook once the water is simmering. The onde onde are cooked after approximately 3 mins or when they rise to the surface.
- Cover the onde onde in grated coconut and prepare to serve.