- Combine the sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Heat oil to deep fry in a saucepan or pot. Add the wonton strips, fry until golden, then set aside.
- Heat a little oil in a wok, add the garlic and fry until fragrant.
- Add the vegetables, stir fry until just cooked through, remove from the wok and set aside.
- Season steak with black pepper.
- Add a little oil, sizzle the steak in small batches until browned. Remove from the wok and set aside.
- Return the vegetables to the wok, add sauce and simmer until thickened.
- Add steak and stir through to warm the meat.
- Serve with steamed rice, topped with fried wonton.