To Make Sushi Rice
- Cook rice as per instruction on package. Once cooked, let it sit for 5 mins. Scoop cooked rice into a glass/wood or bamboo bowl and pour in the sushi rice seasoning. Stir gently to combine.
To Make Sushi Tray Bake
- Pre-heat oven to 160°C fan-forced.
- Scoop seasoned rice into an oven-safe rectangular baking dish, pressing gently with a spatula to compress rice. Sprinkle with furikake and broken up Korean crispy seaweed sheets covering the rice.
- Mix chopped prawns with Japanese sriracha mayonnaise and place on first ⅓ of the rice surface. Bake for 15 mins.
- Tear up the surimi/imitation crab meat, mix with mayonnaise, lemon zest and lemon juice. Place on the middle section of the rice next to the baked prawn. Bake for 15 mins.
- Drain salmon well, mash up and mix with Japanese sriracha mayonnaise and ⅔ of the corn kernels. Spread on to the last section of the rice. No baking required.
- For prawns: Sprinkle chopped spring onions and roasted sesame.
- For surimi: Scatter torn Korean crispy seaweed. Spoon tobiko randomly on top of seaweed.
- For salmon: Sprinkle with shichimi togarashi, the remaining corn kernels and chopped spring onions. Scatter pickled ginger randomly on the surface.
- Serve with Korean crispy seaweed sheets.