To Prep Rice
- To make 4 sushi stacks heat up 3 cups of precooked short gran rice in the microwave until steaming. (Or cook rice as per packet instruction if you don’t have any precooked rice handy.)
- Spread in a wide dish and drizzle 9 tbsp Obento sushi seasoning over rice and fold through. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
To Prep Fillings
- Cut 1 large Lebanese cucumber into approximately 1cm cubes.
- Peel and finely grate 1 carrot.
- Cut 8 crab sticks into rough chunks approximately 1cm. Mix 1 tbsp Kewpie Mayonnaise through crab stick.
- Using scissors cut 1 Obento Yaki Nori for Sushi seaweed sheet into 2cm squares.
- Mash 1 avocado (if serving is delayed add some lemon juice to keep avocado from going brown, otherwise leave as is if serving straight away).
- Slice 2 stalks of spring onion for garnish
To Prep Mango Dipping Sauce
- Cut and mash one mango cheek until it has a thin consistency. Mix through 1 tbsp Kewpie Mayonnaise and 1 tsp sriracha sauce
To Cook the Egg Floss.
- Whisk 1 egg plus egg yolk thoroughly. Mix 1 tsp cornflour with a small amount of water then whisk into egg. Mix in vinegar and salt.
- Heat approximately 2cm deep oil in a deep saucepan. When oil is extremely hot pour half egg through the holes in a wide skimming spoon.
- Note: The egg will rapidly expand when it hits the oil so this should be done in a deep saucepan for safety. Toss the egg briefly until golden then quickly scoop out to drain onto paper towel.
To Assemble the Sushi Stack
- In a round take away container, place a 1cm layer of the crab mix. Sprinkle a thin layer of grated carrot over the crab.
- Add a 1cm layer of sushi rice and use wet hands to push down firmly into the container. Place a layer of sushi squares over the rice then spread a ½cm layer of avocado over seaweed.
- Place a 1cm layer of chopped cucumber. Finally add a 1cm layer of sushi rice. Again use wet hands to gently push down the rice and make sure the whole stack is packed tightly
- Flip the sushi stack inside the takeaway container upside down on your serving plate. Gently squeeze sides and tap top to remove without disrupting the layers.
- Top the sushi stack with egg floss and sprinkle with chopped spring onion. Serve immediately with soy sauce and spicy mango Kewpie dipping sauce on the side. Enjoy!