- Wash and soak fermented black beans for 5 mins. Drain well and set aside.
- Heat up frying pan with 2 tbsp oil and once oil is hot enough, fry the pork mince till broke apart and almost cooked. Add in 1 tsp light soy sauce and 1 tsp Shoaxing wine. Stir for 30 secs, dish up and set aside.
- In the same pan, heat 1 tbsp oil and toss in the red chillies to lightly toast them for 1 min. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Heat the remaining 2 tbsp oil in the pan and sauté the minced ginger and garlic for 1 min.
- Add the drained fermented black beans and continue to fry for 1 min.
- Toss in the chillies, fry for 1 min and add in the cooked pork mince. Stir for 1 min, add in the chopped garlic chives. Stir to combine and cook for 1 min, add in remaining light soy sauce, sesame oil and sugar. Stir for 30 secs and dish up.
- Serve hot with steamed rice.
- Pork mince can be replaced with chicken, beef, or turkey mince to suit your preference.