- Remove veins from the prawns. Snip off the pointed ends on the heads and tails. Trim off legs.
- In a large frying pan, heat 2 tbsp of oil, sauté onions until fragrant and soft. Season with ½ tsp salt and 2 tbsp tomato sauce, set aside.
- Heat another 4 tbsp of oil and fry prawns over high heat. When prawns are cooked, remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, heat remaining 2 tbsp of oil and fry chopped spring onions and ginger until fragrant. Add in tomato sauce and cook until the sauce turns bright red. Add cooking wine, salt, sugar, cooked prawns and water, cook on low heat for about 2 mins.
- Add in the onions and thicken with corn flour mixture. Lastly add sesame oil and chilli oil (optional). Stir well and transfer to serving plate. Garnish with spring onions and chilli, serve.