- Cut eggplants into chunks and soak with cold water for 10 mins. Place a plate on top while soaking as eggplants tend to float. Drain and dry eggplants with a paper towel.
- Next, sprinkle cornflour over eggplants and mix until well coated.
- Heat up a frying pan with 2-3 tbsp of oil, and fry the potato chunks until all sides are brown. Remove from oil and place into a big plate without overlapping, set aside.
- Fry coated eggplants until all sides are slightly brown. Remove from oil and transfer to a dish with potatoes in a single layer.
- Remove excess oil leaving about 1 tbsp of oil in the frying pan, then sauté the minced garlic until fragrant. Toss in the green capsicum and stir for 20 secs.
- Pour in the sauce and add in potatoes and eggplants and stir until well mixed. Transfer onto a plate and sprinkle with chopped spring onions.