To Prepare Beef Ribs
- Place ribs in a pot covered with cold water and bring to a boil. Let the ribs cook for about 2 mins. Removed from the pot and rinse the ribs under running water to remove scum.
- In a separate pot. add beef ribs to master stock and bring it to a boil. Lower the heat and let it simmer for approximately 2 hours or till the meat is tender. Remove and leave the ribs on a tray and set aside to air for 1 hour.
- Strain 250ml master stock into a small frying pan, add honey and bring it to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer for another 10 mins, stir frequently till it thickens. Set aside.
- Oil a char-grill or a skillet and heat over medium heat. Place ribs on the grill or skillet and brush with oil and master stock glaze. While cooking, continue to flip and brush ribs with master stock glaze until it is well coated and cooked.
- Remove from heat and it’s now ready to serve.
To Prepare the Salad (Pickle)
- With a mortar and pestle (or a food processor), pound garlic, salt and sesame seeds into a coarse paste. Stir in rice vinegar, sugar, ginger paste and hot water and mix well.
- In a mixing bowl, add the pounded mixture to shredded cucumber, cabbage and carrot, and let it sit for at least 5 mins before serving.