- Clean prawns by trimming off legs and feelers with a pair of kitchen scissors. Cut along the back of the prawn and devein them. Wash and pat dry the prawns. Set aside.
- Marinate prawns with salt, white pepper and Chinese rice wine for at least 15 mins.
- Mix sesame oil, soy sauce and 1 tbsp of shaoxing wine to the fresh garlic.
- Place spring onions (uncut) as a base on a plate and arrange the prawns on top of the spring onions.
- Scoop the garlic mixture and pour 1 tbsp shaoxing wine over the prawns.
- Steam prawns for about 6 mins before sprinkling some spring onions on top. Serve immediately.