- In a bowl, mix pork belly slices with marinade ingredients. Set aside.
- In a pan over medium heat, place in rice, peppercorns and star anise. Fry until lightly browned. Then, pulverize the mixture using a food processor until fine.
- Add the fine rice mixture to the marinated pork. Mix well.
- Line the base of a heat proof steaming plate with lettuce leaves and then layer with potato cubes. Spread out the pork belly slices on top of the potato cubes. Steam over high heat for 30 mins.
- Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with spring onions. Serve.