1. Place minced pork in large bowl, and mix in ingredients for seasonings. Set aside.
- 2. Rinse the salted fish, then pan fry briefly for about 2-3 minutes in a small pan. Remove from heat and cut into small pieces.
- 3. Mix in the chopped shitake mushrooms, chopped water chestnuts, half of the salted fish and 1 tsp of the grated ginger in the bowl of marinated minced pork. Mix thoroughly.
- 4. Transfer the minced pork mix on to a shallow plate and level the surface with a wet spoon without pressing the mixture down. Cover with cling wrap and let it chill in the fridge for at least an hour.
- 5. Sprinkle the remaining salted fish and 1 tsp shredded ginger on top of the meat patty. Drizzle with fried garlic oil or fried onion oil.
- 6. In a wok or steamer, steam on high heat for about 10 to 12 minutes, or until well cooked through.
- 7. When done, garnish with chopped spring onions and serve immediately with steamed rice.