- Soak the skewers in water for at least 1 hr so that they don’t dry out and burn while cooking.
- Using a pestle and mortar or spice grinder, combine the spice mix ingredients and grind to a coarse seasoning.
- Remove 1 tbsp of the seasoning and set aside for the finished skewers.
- Combine the lamb, seasoning, wine and the oil in a large bowl and coat well.
- Arrange several pieces of lamb on to each skewer, ready to be cooked.
- Prepare the barbecue to begin cooking.
- Transfer the skewers on to the barbecue and grill until lightly charred on all sides.
- Sprinkle the skewers with the reserved seasoning and serve.