- In a large bowl, combine the pork and prawns with the Shaoxing wine, soy sauce, sesame oil and salt and pepper.
- Place a teaspoon of the filling in to the centre of one of the wrappers and then bring in the sides and gently squeeze to set the shape.
- To ensure that the siu mai stands, make sure that the bottom is relatively flat.
- If desired, place some of the fish roe on to the top of the siu mai.
- Repeat this process until there is no more filling left.
- Set up a steamer with enough water to cook all of the siu mai and line with baking paper to stop it from sticking to the steamer.
- Steam the siu mai in batches for at least 8 minutes or until they are cooked through and then serve!