- In a large pot, combine the water and chicken stock powder. Bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer to keep warm.
- Heat a wok over a high heat until smoking, then add 1 tbsp oil. Add in the prawn shells and heads, and fry until fragrant.
- Add the fried prawn shells and heads, pork bones and dried prawns into the stock. Boil over a medium heat for 45 mins.
- Trim the excess fat on the pork belly, then add into the stock and boil for 45 mins. Remove and allow to cool, then slice into strips.
- Blanch the prawns and squid in the stock. Use a spider or a slotted spoon to remove, then cut the squid into rings. Set aside.
- Heat a wok over a high heat until smoking, then add 1 tbsp oil. Add in egg and scramble.
- Push the egg to the side, the add in the Hokkien noodles and vermicelli. Gently stir fry for a 2-3 mins, or until noodles begin to sear.
- Add the garlic, fish sauce, pepper, sesame oil and ⅓ of the prawn stock. Fry until the stock has dried up, then add another ⅓ of the stock. Cover the wok with a lid, and reduce to medium-low heat. Cook for 5-7 mins.
- Add the prawns, squid, garlic chives and stir through. Pour in the remaining stock, stir fry for 1 min.
- Serve hot with sambal and lime.