- Add kecap manis, oyster sauce, sugar and 3 tbsp water in a small bowl, mix together and set aside.
- Pull back the apron of each crab, remove the top shell, then intestines and feathery gills. Rinse quickly.
- Cut each crab into quarters and crack the legs gently (use a meat mallet) so that the flavours can enter.
- Heat the oil in a large wok over high heat, add the crab pieces and stir fry in batches until the shell is in bright orange and the meat almost cooked (about 5 mins). Remove from wok and repeat until all cooked.
- Add the butter, ginger, garlic, chilli, black and white pepper and ground coriander to the wok, stir fry it for 30 secs.
- Add the sauce mixture and stir, bring it to boil, then simmer for 2 mins.
- Return the crab to the wok and toss to coat in the sauce.
- Cook for another 2-3 mins to finish cooking the crab then garnish with the spring onions and coriander leaves.
- Dish up and serve hot.