- Boil the lamb for about 5 mins before draining and setting aside.
- Heat 3 tbsp of oil in a wok and fry the garlic, ginger, leek and chilli until fragrant.
- Add the lamb and continue to fry before adding the cooking wine and soy sauces.
- Transfer the lamb in to a stewing pot before pouring in 400 ml of water and adding the cumin, star anise, cinnamon and Sichuan peppercorns.
- Cover and cook the lamb on a low heat for 90 mins, stirring occasionally.
- After the 90 mins have passed, remove the cover and reduce the liquid.
- Add the chicken powder, coriander and salt to taste before transferring to serve.