- In a mixing bowl, mix shiratamako and sugar evenly. Add 2 tbsp water and mix with a spatula until well combined.
- Press the mixture with your hand to knead into a ball. Slowly add more water to form the ball or wet your hand slightly to incorporate the water into the dough.
- Use the dough to pick up the crumbs and knead until soft and smooth, like “earlobe”.
- Roll into a ball and form a log. Pinch off dough to make 2cm balls. Flatten the balls slightly into disks and press to make an indent at the top center.
- In a pot of boiling water, cook the shiratama dango for 2 mins or until they start to float.
- Remove and soak in ice water to let cool.
- Serve within 30 mins. Alternatively, store in water and keep in the fridge. To serve, cook in boiling water again to soften.