- In a bowl, mix Napa cabbage with 1 tsp salt and set aside at room temperature for 10 mins. Squeeze off excess water.
- Ground pork belly pieces in a food processor until fine. Add Napa cabbage, mushrooms, spring onions and garlic then, pulse twice until combined. Transfer to a bowl. Mix in 2 tsp salt, corn starch, wine, sesame oil, oil, sugar and pepper. Set aside, covered, in the refrigerator.
- To prepare the dough, combine flour, corn starch, salt, sugar, baking powder and yeast in a mixing bowl. Pour in half the warm milk and stir to combine with a spatula. Add the remaining half of the warm milk and stir until well mixed. Knead until a rough dough is formed. Lightly dust your worktop with flour and place the dough on top. Knead until smooth dough is formed. Shape into a ball. Lightly grease a bowl with oil and place in the dough. Cover with cling wrap and allow to sit for 30 mins.
- Lightly flour your worktop again and place the dough on top. Cut the dough into 4 equal portions. Roll each portion into long logs and cut each log into 6 equal pieces. Roll each piece of dough into a ball and flatten it with your palm. Roll with a rolling pin until it’s about 9cm in diameter. Scoop roughly 1 tbsp pork mixture on the middle of the dough and fold the dough wrapper into half, pleating and pinching at the top until completely sealed. Place formed dumpling on lightly greased baking tray and cover loosely with cling wrap. Repeat with remaining dough and pork mixture. Allow formed dumplings to rest for 10 mins.
- In a non-stick pan, heat 1 tsp oil over medium-high heat. Working in batches if needed, carefully put in dumplings into the pan and pan fry them until lightly golden brown on the bottom. Pour in ¼ cup of water into the pan and cover. Cook until the water has evaporated entirely. Off the heat and leave to continue cooking for about 40 secs. Transfer dumplings to serving plate and serve immediately.