- Fit a standing mixture with a paddle attachment, then cream together the ghee, icing sugar, vanilla extract, and salt on medium speed for 5 mins.
- Change to a dough hook attachment, add the flour, and knead into a soft dough. Remove the bowl and leave covered for 4 hrs to rest.
- Note: You can also do this with an electric hand mixer and knead by hand.
- Pre-heat oven to 120°C. Line baking trays with baking paper.
- Scoop a tablespoon portion of dough and roll into a marble-sized ball.
- Place onto the baking tray, spaced well apart.
- Place a piece of cherry on top of the ball, pressing it down lightly onto the centre of each ball.
- Bake for 20-25 mins, or until cookies turn lighter in colour. Transfer to a cooling rack. When completely cooled, serve or store in airtight containers.