- Marinate fish fillet with some salt and ground pepper for 15 mins. Coat it with corn starch, shaking off excess.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a frypan over medium heat. Cook fish for 2-3 mins each side until cooked through. Set aside.
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil. Add celery and blanch for 1 min or until half-cooked. Drain and set aside.
- Heat extra 1 tsp oil in a frypan and stir-fry ginger, celery, carrot and lily bulbs (optional) until lightly cooked.
- Add fish fillet, soy sauce, sesame oil and sugar and gently stir-fry. Combine ½ tsp corn starch with 2 tbsp water until you have a smooth paste. Add to pan and cook until heated through. Serve hot.
- Hint: fish can be replaced with chicken or other meat.