- Fill inari pockets with rice.
- Slice 2 thin strips of the red section of the crab stick. Lay on the top of the inari and carefully tuck in sides to form the hat.
- Cut out a thicker strip of the red section of the crab stick. Lay on the bottom of the inari and carefully tuck in sides for the body.
- Cut out a beard and pompom out of the white section of the crab stick. Place these onto the inari. Cut out a nose from the red section and place onto the beard.
- Cut a thin strip of nori and place over body, carefully tucking overhang into the sides. Cut out a small piece for the mouth and place just under the nose.
- Cut a thin slice of pickled daikon and from this, cut out a buckle. Place onto the nori belt.
- Carefully place 2 black sesame seeds for the eyes.
- Serve with soy sauce, wasabi and pickled ginger.