- Marinate chicken ribs with salt and pepper. Set aside to marinade for 1 hour or overnight for better taste.
- Just before frying, carefully coat each chicken piece with egg and cornstarch. Mix well.
- In a wok, heat up 3-4 cm of oil until it’s hot. Deep-fry the chicken in small batches. Then, remove from wok, drain and set aside to rest for 10-15 mins while you fry up the rest of the chicken.
- Once rested, return the chicken to the wok and deep-fry for a second time. The chicken will be crispier after the second round of frying.
- In a separate pan, heat up 1 tbsp of oil. Add garlic and chilli and fry until aromatic. Sprinkle some salt and pepper. Remove from heat, add chicken to the pan and toss well.
- Garnish with spring onion and serve immediately.