- To prepare the steak, trim off fat and tendons and cut into mini cubes of 2-3cm. Season steak cubes with salt and pepper. Lay each steak cube on paper towel to remove excess water.
- In the meantime, prepare daikon for garnishing. Cut off 4cm of daikon and grate finely with an oroshi daikon or a fine grater. Drain excess liquid and set aside.
- In a frying pan or a skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic and fry till golden brown and crispy. Transfer garlic slices onto paper towel to soak up excess oil.
- Using the remaining garlic infused oil, heat pan over high heat until it begins to smoke. Add steak cubes to pan in a single layer and cook for about a minute until browned. Then flip the steak over to continue cooking until the other side is browned.
- Add white wine to pan and shake to evenly distribute the wine. At this point, the steak cubes should be cooked to medium rare. Continue cooking if you prefer it medium or well done.
- To serve, transfer saikoro steak onto serving plates then top with garlic slices, grated daikon, sliced green onion and chilli thread. Drizzle ponzu sauce over before serving.