- Marinate the pork belly with five spice powder overnight. Soak the glutinous rice and mung beans separately for 6 hrs. Soak dumpling leaves and wrapping straws in water for 2 hrs.
- Drain glutinous rice and mung beans. Add half of the Lee Kum Kee Chicken Bouillon Powder into the glutinous rice, and the other half into the mung beans. Mix well.
- Boil dumpling leaves and wrapping straws for 10 mins before use. Drain well and set aside.
- Divide ingredients into two equal portions. Stack two bamboo leaves together and twist to form a funnel shape. Add a layer of glutinous rice, followed by a layer of mung beans. Top with pork belly, 2 golden oysters, dried scallops, 1 salted egg yolk, remaining mung beans and cover with another layer of glutinous rice. Fold the bamboo leaves to completely enclose the filling and form a pyramid shape. Tie securely with the straws. Repeat each step for the other dumpling.
- 5. Bring water to a boil in a large stock pot. Submerge the dumplings completely in water. Simmer on low heat for 3 hrs. Take off the heat. Keep covered for another 3 hrs. Then serve.